Incorporating client requirements into a practical design
The team will work with you to design a home that is easy living and matches your lifestyle. Initially a concept plan is developed and then we support you to understand how the paper design will transform into bricks and mortar. This informed vision enables you to provide feedback, we make adjustments to the design and your dream home is all set to become a reality without any surprises.
If you have plans, we will enable you to see how the design will work in practice and if necessary, suggest possible changes to meet your needs/ functionality and save you money, all whilst respecting the plans.
Comprehensive schedule with fixed price.
The final design stipulates decisions on finishes and fittings. The quote will detail inclusions/allowances, a realistic timeframe for construction and a fixed price.
A clear and concise agreement of services
Prior to construction starting, the scope of work is clearly defined in a fixed building agreement. The agreement covers a comprehensive schedule of all fixtures and fittings, inclusions/allowances, construction timeframe, a fixed price and a progress payment schedule.
INTERIOR DESIGNER - STYLING YOUR HOME
There are many decisions to be made to make your home uniquely yours. An interior consultant will work with you to select everything from the exterior colours, interior colours, floor coverings, kitchen and laundry colours. This will take the stress away from you and make sure everything ties together seamlessly.
From turning the first sod of soil, to turning the key to your dream home
Once the design and approval process is complete and contracts have been signed, Richie and Mick will be on site to manage the construction of the project.
THE BUILDING PROCESS
We meet with you regularly on site so that you can see your dream home grow from vision to reality.
1. Excavation– the site cut involves clearing of the site and pegging out of the site by the surveyor.
2. Drainage laid – The plumber will lay plumbing that will be located beneath the slab.
3. Slab prepared and poured – the slab preparation is then completed as per the engineer’s specifications and plans and then the slab can be
4. Frame and roof trusses – the slab is marked out, frames are prepared and then erected. Wow you can walk through your house, things are
starting to take shape. The roof trusses are then erected after the frame is braced.
5. Cladding/bricks – This stage really gives the house a true structure, it is very exciting to see good progress when the external cladding and
brickwork is completed.
6. Rough ins – this involves the electrical and plumbing wiring and pipes to be installed before the internal linings to the frames.
7. Internal Linings – after the rough in is completed, the insulation will be installed into the wall and ceilings and then the plaster will start on
lining the walls and ceilings. You really get a good sense of space within the house at this stage.
8. Timber Mould out – This stage involves the carpenters installing the skirting and architraves, door jams and doors.
9. Waterproofing and tiling – the wet areas will be water-proofed in preparation for the tilers to start work.
10. Lock –up – is when all external doors including the garage door are on.
11. Fixing Stage – wall and floor tiling is completed, all electrical and plumbing is fitted and the kitchen and any other joinery are installed.
12. Painting stage – All painting is completed throughout the house and externally.
13. Finishing touches - Shower screens, splashback, and mirrors are installed.
14. Practical Completion – This is the point in time when an inspection is conducted when your home is almost finished. You will walk through
with the builders and point out any items that still may need attention. By this time it should only be touch ups and minor items requiring
15. Keys – Moving in – Excitement Plus
The Builders take the time to personally walk through your new home with you. We provide all operating manuals and a demonstration on
how everything works. This enables you to start living in your dream home.
16. Follow up: 90 day maintenance period
Our commitment to you doesn’t finish when we hand over the keys. If there are any maintenance problems, there is a 90 day maintenance
period where we will return to fix any issues. Unlike larger building companies where you might go on a wait list, we pride ourselves on
timeliness to correct any issues.